Hub LA Communications Fellowship, Summer 2014
Do you love to write, report, and blog? Are you a social media maven? Are you looking to launch a career in marketing, branding, journalism, or communications? Apply now to be the Summer 2014 Hub LA Communications Fellow. Our need: An energetic team player to assist with communications and marketing needs.
• Commitment to Hub LA at 15/hrs week
• Work closely with Digital Content Curator
• Contribute to social media feeds (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) according to Hub tone/voice. Maintain balance of thought-leadership and Hub/member promotion.
• Update website calendar. Research community events to include on Hub LA calendar and identify appropriate external community calendars on which Hub LA events can be included
• Write and edit blogs about events happening at Hub LA, member profiles, and community updates
• Work with Events Director and Community Curator to help with internal/external promotion of events and programming
• Help serve as a “face” to Hub LA
• Attend occasional night events to photograph and report for Hub LA channels.
Skills/Qualifications: Exceptional writing skills a must. Expert with social media needs including Facebook, Twitter and basic WordPress. Advertising, marketing, or branding experience/internship a plus. Added bonus: You are fired up about the Hub and ready to live, eat, and breathe social impact!
Perks: Work with Hub LA in helping us grow as a dynamic, social enterprise for the Summer of 2014. Your efforts will be critical in building a professionally hosted place where high-impact consultants, entrepreneurs, investors and innovators come to work, meet, learn, and connect alongside diverse peers. As a Hub LA Fellow you have a unique opportunity to:
• Build strong working relationships with diverse groups
• Gain access and exposure to a dynamic start-up and promote thought leadership in the world of social entrepreneurship
• Work under the pressures of high visibility, fast turn-around and the highest quality expectations
• NETWORK! You will meet incredible people and forge connections and friendships that will change your LA landscape! We’re sure of it.
Offering: We look forward to supporting the growth of the Fellow by offering the following:
• Unlimited membership to Hub LA including access to membership directory, Hub LA events and programming, and all community resources
• Online membership to HubNet with connections to 6000 members worldwide
• Free/discounted tickets to Hub LA events
TO APPLY: Send resume, Twitter handle, and cover letter (with links to any published writing online, if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.