For more info and to RSVP, please visit the official website.
A comprehensive 2 1/2 hour workshop on everything you need to know about how to raise capital for your startup, who can provide it and how to reach them.
The class will be taught by Jon Funk, one of LA’s most experienced and successful venture capitalists who has been directing investments here since 1986 and has backed several of southern California’s biggest winners, including Sandpiper Networks, Rent.com and Shopzilla, cumulatively sold for a total of approximately $1.6 billion.
- Detailed, unique and up-to-date information for all LA angel groups, accelerators, incubators, vc’s, university resources
- Who’s here and active, what their process is and what they’re interested in
- Different sources of capital-defined
- Plusses and minuses of each kind of capital
- How to choose which is right for your company
- How to prepare a great deck
- How to get introductions and reach the decision makers
- What to do and not do
- Negotiation guidance
- Other topics
Agenda will include guest speaker (to be announced) and time for interactive networking. Takeaway materials to be provided.