Digital LA and Love Your Neighbor Present: Veterans Do Startups
November 11, 2014
Celebrate Veterans Day at the first DigitalLA panel highlighting veterans and digital! This panel will feature veterans who are entrepreneurs and founders in digital from entertainmnet, startups, etc. We’ll discuss their paths of how they went from service to entering into tech fields, what service skills are applicable to tech industry. We’ll also discuss tech tools, services, and apps that veterans can use to find tech jobs.
- Paige Craig, Adrenaline Fueled Angel Investor. Paige is an entrepreneur and business professional with an eclectic interest in national security, technology, information science and adrenaline fueled adventure. He has been a cornerstone of the LA tech scene, with investments in dozens of LA startups. @paigecraig.
US Marine Corps: Intelligence. @paigecraig.
- Todd Hickman, Veteran Capital Advisors, President. Veteran Capital helps engage, empower, instruct and mentor veteran entrepreneus with the motto: You Served, Let US serve you. Todd is also heading up the LA chapter of The Bunker, an incubator for veteran-run tech businesses, early next year.
US Navy: Nuclear Submarine Officer.
- Kim Senn, Calico Ghost Creative, CEO/Founder. Calico Ghost Creative is is a creative services and digital media agency in LA that specialize in creating personal digital branding for individuals and small to medium-sized businesses. Previously, Kim worked at Walt Disney Internet Group, Director, Production and Operations, Disney Mobile Studios, and at Airbone Mobile as SVP of Product.
US Army: Air Defence Artillery Officer.
- Zack Helvey, StrategyEP.com. Participation in 3 IPO companies and 1 additional successful exit to date. Formerly at Cornerstone OnDemand.
- Sheryl Ryan, Infrastructure by Design, Founder. Sheryl helps clients identify, prioritize and execute on complex tasks they need to accomplish their business goals. A revised web strategy and a revamp of the client’s website is typically part of the process.
United States Marine Corps: Air Traffic Control Radar Technician
- Casey Wallace, CEO/Co-Founder. Piglt (pronounced “piglet’) is crowdfunding for educational causes. It offers anyone with an education-related cause the tools to simply and effectively raise money. Whether you’re raising money for your tuition or student loans, or a nonprofit raising funds, Piglt is the place for community-based fundraising. @Piglt.
United States Air Force Officer: Business Operations for Military Space Satellites
- David Gale, The Mighty Networks, CEO, Co-Founder. The Mighty Networks is a media brand devoted exclusively to the military community and its supporters, which will launch in November. Formerly, David worked at MTV Networks, Senior Media / Entertainment Executive and Producer.
- Dan Burton, Dronebase, CEO. Dronebase is building a marketplace for commercial drone services. Dan was previously with Goldman Sachs Technology, Media, & Telecom Investment Banking Group
U.S. Marine Corps: Infantry Officer in Iraq and Afghanistan; and worked in the US Senate. He has an MBA from HBS and BA from NYU.
CALL FOR SPONSORS: Email [email protected] with VETERANS as the subject